Saturday, February 6, 2010


Well, back from a few days at our favorite place, a cottage in Economy, Nova Scotia. No TV, sitting near the front window stitching, watching the highest tidal changes in the world, by the Bay of Funday. Getting up early in the morning meant you were in for a treat! Sunrises were especially glorious!





Well, my trusty friend from across the pond raised a few issues, and i think that more need to be raised. Unfortunately, i got myself into a little bit of a pickle and refuse to make fun of her super slowness in fear of being ridiculed myself! I think her mascot should be a turtle and not a cow!

I was ready to start stitching the alphabet of our sampler at the cottage when i realized that the pattern was directing me to use a blue thread for the alphabet and i felt that a green was more appropriate. Well, seeing as we were going to be staying at the cottage for only 4 days, i brought only 7 stitching projects with me (a girl has to be prepared!) and so my green choices were limited. But, choose a green i did and so the stitching of the alphabet began. Well, i got A to L completed and started stitching the little green and yellow floral design below it when i decided that the green alphabet was going to be wayyyyyyyyy too much green in the sampler and i didn't like it. I'm sure the designer figured that out and that is why she chose blue! So guess what? Yes, i am taking out the upper alphabet letters one by one, as i stitching along, and doing them in blue... sigh... Can someone please come and knock some sense in to me??? I will even lend you the shovel to do it with!














Anyways, i had a wonderful time at the cottage stitching, enjoyed walking in the -30C temperatures, took only 500 photographs, and you will be ever so thankful because i won't be posting them here!!














Back to the old grind.. sigh... Life is good! And friend, GET STITCHING!

3 comments:

  1. All my swear words are way too "light" for me to express what i think of your advance in this stitchery......

    When i followed the link to read about the tides i was hoping one would have taken your fabric and thus couldn't do any stitching at all... a girl can dream....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, i had nothing to do for about 10 hours a day except stitch while i was away!!! Tell your family you are busy and to look after themselves and you will get ahead of me!!! lol...
    What a mess i made tho with that green floss!!! lol...
    thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are a VERY brave girl..... I wouldn't have undone even if all the stitchery was off colour. You know nature isn't perfect so God can't expect me not to make mistakes in colour.....

    ReplyDelete